NORTH SOMERSET DISTRICT COUNCIL
Changes to bus service A5
North Somerset Council and Carmel Bristol have recently been reviewing the performance of bus service A5 and have agreed to make the following changes from 4 February 2019:
• Service A5 will no longer serve Congresbury and Yatton due to low usage.
• The service will be operated with one bus and one driver to reduce operational costs and to ensure the service is financially sustainable for the operator.
• The service will operate four return journeys a day (three to Winford), with an additional return journey to Winscombe in the late afternoon/early evening.
• A Saturday service will be reintroduced following customer feedback.
• Connection times at Bristol Airport have been improved:
o Morning journeys from Winscombe are timed to meet the A3 Airport Flyer service to Weston-super-Mare.
o Afternoon journeys are timed to depart towards Winscombe following the arrival of A3 Airport Flyer from Weston-super-Mare.
o Residents living in post code areas BS40, BS41 8, BS48, BS49, BS29 or BS25 can benefit from a Bristol Airport local area concession card for discounted (or free, with a Diamond Travelcard) travel on bus services A1 and A3 more information at www.bristolairport.co.uk/about-us/community
We will be producing new timetable booklets, which will be available on the bus in due course, or can be requested by contacting North Somerset Public Transport on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01934 426 715.